Welcome to the first Nano Flips Newsletter!
As we dove into putting together the first newsletter, several questions popped up.
- Should we do an expensive site? Or a more affordable one?
- How many people will open up the email?
- Is this a terrible idea?
Well, questions 2 and 3 are up in the air. But question 1? That one was decided for us. We are going to look at whatever good opportunities come our way! So make sure the newsletter is marked as important and not going to the promotional folder of Gmail (90% of you use Gmail – wow google has a foothold).
Today we are going to look at a website that could be bought for $5000 (It’s currently listed under that at the time of writing this).
With a little effort. we are going to get more like $20k+ out of it in the next 12 months. Don’t worry this is pretty simple and easy, part-time staff.
Let’s dive in!
It’s a motorcycle site, the listing is taken down now (someone bought it! but it was available to see in the original newsletter)
Let’s look at several reasons that this site might be a decent buy, that could be ripe for flipping:
- It is monetized with Adsense
- It has had stable traffic over the last 12+ months
- It has a niche focus
- Its getting traffic from several sources
- It has a DA of 43
- Traffic is coming from tier one countries
- The seller has a good reputation
Now, let’s take a look at the things we don’t like about it.
- Most of the traffic is coming from sharing on social media (which takes time)
- Its traffic to images
- Revenue is pretty low (not massive growth to squeeze out without growing traffic
- WE WANT TO MAKE SURE BUYER IS INCLUDING ALL SOCIAL MEDIA PROFILES
- Traffic isn’t SUPER stable
There are several things we can do here to make it more valuable. Let’s take a look.
- We are going to change out Adsense for a premium ad network! We are going to probably go with something like Ezoic. The larger ones won’t take the site. But we might try! Automated, Adpushup, Adthrive, Mediavine, Lockerdome. There are more, but that would be a good start. This is probably going to increase revenue by 50% or more.
- Build out a blog! 2 points of attack here, first is going to be finding low-hanging keywords, that we can rank easily using a tool like Ahrefs or SEMrush. We are going to write an original piece on Harleys or motorcycles 2-3x a week, this will increase traffic AND revenue, we might even to content to monetize with Amazon affiliates. This is ALSO going to allow us to sell a sponsored post every other week as well. With a DA of 43, getting $100 or so shouldn’t be too hard. Make sure your ratio of fresh content to sponsored posts is high. Google doesn’t like you selling these things.
- Make a Facebook Group! I know, you thought I was going to say make a newsletter! I don’t think the traffic is compelling enough currently unless you LOVE motorcycles and you find it fun. Build a pop-up that directs people to your FB group where they can chat and share their love of motorcycles. I would say it’s fair to get 300+ new people a month, who share it with their friends as well. I would think a reasonable goal here is 5-10k members by the end of the year. Later on, you can sell sponsorship space in the group, or charge people to list their bikes for sale.
If you are good at this, THIS WILL BE A MASSIVE MONEY MAKER FOR YOU. But let’s assume you aren’t, you still are going to pull $200 a month from selling a sponsor banner ad slot at the top of the FB group.
1. Well first off the site was making $156 a month before from Adsense. ASSUMING WE DONT GROW THE SITE AT ALL (we will), that becomes $234 a month at a 50% increase in revenue with a premium ad network.
2. The new blog exists! In fact, we are probably going to go greatly increase traffic with lots of great new content. But let’s assume we just keep doing what we were before and making image posts to Pinterest and the like. BUT we are selling 2 sponsored posts a month at $100 each. That’s $200 more a month.
3. The new Facebook group exists! Let’s be conservative and assume you don’t have enough members or sell sponsorship at all until 6 months in. Later on, though we are making $200 a month!
If we add all of those up we get a new net monthly income of $634 a month.
For the first 6 months, we are only earning $434 a month.
For the year our new total income is $6408, you paid $5000, so your cash on cash return is 128.16%
We now have a site that we are going to sell for 3x yearly net rev OR $19,224
When you add those together and subtract costs, the net profit in 12 months is…….
Now I know what you are all saying, “ONLY $20k”!? Well first off guys, this is pretty conservative. This also probably could be done in 4 hours a week. OR 200 hours over the year or $100 an hour for your time. NOT a terrible side income, that’s for sure.
Well, that’s it! That’s it for issue #1 of Nano Flips. Keep your eyes peeled, as these will go out as opportunities arise, sometimes they will be $20k profits, sometimes $1 million or more.
Thanks from the Nano Flips team